Story of the Blanks Story of the Blanks

Well done.

You did a good job in creating both a retro and a scary atmosphere.

Forcing the player to ignore Twilight's advice as well as putting them off guard with the initial friendliness of Sunny Town was achieved beautifully.

Odd, maybe, but the part that managed to scare me most was when you enter the mansion and there's some "dialogue". The empty dialogue boxes had an unnerving effect, because they don't influence the game so much as they influence my understanding of it. Messing with the player's head, to make them feel as lost as the in-game character, that is the key to scaring them.

From there on out, I'm afraid the 'freak out' factor decreased somewhat. Sure, the ruined town had a spooky atmosphere, but the music was a bit too present in my opinion. Certain parts of it fit well, but others were too active. Most of the dialogue was only moderately unsettling. It came off as just a tad stereotypical 'city of crazy people' dialogue. "She was going to ruin the party", "We'll never let you end up like her", "Stay with us"... it's by no means bad, but next time, I'd advise dialogue that's a little less predictable for the situation. Involve the player emotionally. I hope I haven't stopped making sense yet.

Now, back to the positives. Making one of the "silhouettes" just stand there was clever. It makes the player ponder if they should come near them. The third silhouette to appear moves in incredibly unsettling spurts which sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

The role of Ruby in the whole thing is interesting, but hardly elaborated on. Can we expect a sequel?

Ah, that turned out to be quite a rant. If I came off as negative, I didn't intend to. You did very well, and I hope to see an even more unsettling sequel. I hope my critique is somehow useful.

Sketchbook Sketchbook

Awesome.

The amount, quality and variation of the sketches is just fantastic. As a learning artist, I only hope to reach your skill level one day. The interface is complete as well, so this sketchbook is virtually perfect.

Epic Battle Fantasy 2 Epic Battle Fantasy 2

No One Has To Tell You It's Beyond Fantastic.

Because it truly is. I'm not sure what to criticize.

However strange, though, calling No Legs to the battlefield doesn't earn me a medal at all, not even in-game. Is this problem only occuring with me?

Forget the Plan Forget the Plan

Polished and Addictive.

The presentation of this game is very nice: The graphics are excellent and the music was well chosen. It's a classic with a creative twist, and I have a soft spot for those. Well done! Bravo!

Final color v. 1.26 Final color v. 1.26

Great job.

It's great in doing what it does. I enjoyed playing with the colors for a while, and it's a very interesting piece of work. Now, you should try to integrate this fine piece of work in an innovative game, or that's my advice.

Ludamage responds:

Hmmm...what i should answer to you?
"IIIII don't knooooow, juuust looking fooooor!!!"
^_^

How-tos:Optimize ur Flash How-tos:Optimize ur Flash

It does what it should.

Hello.

As I said, your Flash does what it should. What's a little sad is that it does nothing more. A slightly more stylish font, background, button, whatever .... might have been nice.

Well, constructive critism on the side, well done! It's quite good!

Gimmick responds:

Thanks.

Gingerman Dressup Gingerman Dressup

Decent job.

Hello.

Your Flash work, as I said, is nice. There's lots of fun, moving stuff to throw on the Gingerman "canvas". But it's all a bit messy, and rather simple. Simplicity is not a bad thing by default, of course, but maybe you should try to make it all a bit more organized and polished. Even so, good work.

VeryBigDoughnut responds:

Thanks a lot for the review. Very constructive criticism.

Zelda - Seeds of Darkness Zelda - Seeds of Darkness

Quite a nice game.

Zelda games on the Internet are often not that good, but this one is very nice. It feels like the real Zelda games. It's not flawless; the graphics are sometimes a bit of lower quality, and the bomb should've followed a bit quicker, but overall this is a very good game. I know it's an old submission- but this deserves a compliment nonetheless.